It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Just'in Case

Justin Case calls me all the time. I wake up and like auto pilot I reach for the laptop. Better check my email, just in case.
It's time to plan my day and I can hear his whisper, 'what if ???.... so you might want to wear this instead of that, re-shave your legs and be sure to use the lotion that smells so good. Just in case.'
It's time to leave the house and I need to go one direction but the park is the other. I have no reason to go out of my way but 'what if ?'
Guess I'll go the long way around and run by the park. Just in case.

It's not like there's been any 'what if's' in my life lately. It's been almost 4 months. What am I waiting for?
But still I wait.
Is it the anticipation of the maybe that has me hooked or is it the finality of letting go?
Either way I'm very intimate with Just'in Case and nobody even knows.

I was also good friends, then friends, then casual aquaintances, followed by mostly forgotten and finally just outright avoided by his brother Justin Yurhart. I really miss him.
He was such a great guy. Funny and loving, needy in a puppy dog way (you know how a puppy can look at you with those special eyes and you just want to curl him up in your lap, kiss him, keep him safe and be his one and only forever???). That's what I mean. Great eyes and a cock of the head that just melted my heart.

I know those sweet days are over...but 'just in case' you want to 'run into each other' .... give me a call :).

No comments:

Post a Comment