It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Green things

It's incredibly quiet this morning. Very rare!
Sitting in my Nana chair (a big overstuffed chair that will fit 1 Nana and 2 small grands), and enjoying the view.
This is the best spot in the house and I'm surprised how seldom I take advantage of it.
From here I can see out 3 sets of french doors and the windows of the sun room. It's like a vision in green :)
Green grass, green leaves and even a wildly aqua green house! Birds are in abundance and I never tire of their communication across my yard.

I've started gardening again. I don't actually have a garden but I do have 2 tomato and 2 bell pepper plants ready to go into an old wash bucket :).
I have flowers again.

Before the storm I had a lovely front yard and porch, as well as a huge red hibiscus on one end of the house, pink azaleas on the other and plans for paths and a pond.
That was 3 years, 8 months ago.

After the storm I avoided the front porch and seldom went outside. I let several amazing plants die without ever giving them one drink of water and only scowling at them when I walked by. Unbelievably I even let 10 crepe myrtle trees (a welcome back to your house gift) sit in my frig for months until I finally threw them in the trash.

Time has healed much of the grief, confusion and hopelessness of loss.
I find myself doing, enjoying, loving and giving again.
I see my creativity as I drag old barrels, buckets and tiny blue rubber boots out of my garage.
I'm planting again. Relishing the smell and feel of the dirt. Aware that I too am growing and blooming.

There are memories and treasures I cannot recover, relationships I can never restore. But there are new memories to be made, treasures in unexpected places, relationships that have been found and others that have grown.
I am not alone. I found a wonderful new friend and she is me :).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment