It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Just another verse in your looong song.

It's only been 8 days since I said my final "goodbye", but it feels like an eternity. Surely months or at least weeks have passed.
Moments of melancholic loneliness rush over me like waves.

Only pride prevents me from reaching out to "Touch You For Awhile".

There was a time when I thought I could make you smile. Thought I had something "new" to offer.

"I don't hardly know you,
But I'd be willin' to show you,
I know a way to make you smile.
Just let me whisper things,
You've never heard before.
Just let me touch you for awhile."


This was one of the first songs I sent you. How embarassing that I didn't watch the video first. The song meant so much to me but the video was ALL wrong! :).

I was such a newbie to everything (YouTube, texting, phone pictures, secrets, desire...)
I was so clueless to so much.
Just like the girl from so long ago, the woman was still wounded, running, hiding.
I think I was ripe for the picking but I had no idea that somewhere inside I had been waiting.
Waiting for permission. Waiting for acceptance.
I thought after all the years of rejection and conforming that change and growth were impossible.
You cracked the door and I came running out "like someone had left the gate open".

Everything about you was fresh, new and exciting to me!!

I just knew we were destined to find each other.
I just knew I was "one of kind" in your life.
I was wrong.

You were "one of a kind" to me. The kind I could never let go.
But I think I was just another verse in your very looong song.
A song you've played before, only changing the names and dates.

The rain is coming. I can see the clouds in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment