It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Friday, July 22, 2011

"A friend" sings to me


"A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails." (anon.)




I had a "me" day yesterday. 9 hours of driving, shopping, eating, shopping, dreaming and music, music, music. 
I somehow thought, in all that "alone" time, I would emerge fulfilled, recharged and with clarity. 



But I must have made a wrong turn because I never found what I was looking for.
I drove for hours and listened to all my favorites. I saw waterways, skyscrapers, beautiful shops, long stretches of green grass and hills with white picket fences(really!). 


I was looking for answers. I'm always looking. But once again my day ended in melancholic songs of loss. Hot wet tears of hurt and anger shed over things I cannot change. Like two people who's lives are lived in concrete that cannot be rearranged. 
Tears of loneliness in a haze of confusion, of counting the cost, of "knowing" and of "longing". I arrived home, my car filled with purchased stuff.
But my day ended the same as everyday. No answers, no way to get from here to him.
 

"BLACK BIRD" (the beatles)
http://youtu.be/lcs4JG3GcsU


"A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails"(anon)

No comments:

Post a Comment