It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Sunday, July 24, 2011

"Welcome to Sunday Morning"

CBS' "Sunday Morning" is one my favorite TV shows. As far as I know I only share this love with one other person, my daddy (who is actually my step-father). He & I both love this show. 
A favorite memory is Sunday mornings at the beach. Me in my gown & robe, daddy in his white t-shirt and shorts. Both with coffee. Both with our chairs nearly on top of the tiny TV trying to hear "our show" (it is unbelievably loud in a 2 room cabin filled with 12-20 people-most kids). Then we'd talk about the segments. A little debate mixed with a lot of sharing.
These were one of the few times that daddy and I ever spent alone, talking. 



 When hurricane Ike took 90% of the cabins on the peninsula, ours was included. With it went 35 years of my life, the best of my memories and the only place of escape I'd ever known. 


 My Sunday mornings don't include my favorite show when I am not at the beach. As it is ending our church is beginning and my phone is on vibrate. While it is running I am too. Trying to get dressed and out the door. Later in the day I would find a message on my phone from daddy, "just watched our show and wanted you to know I was thinking about you." 
I knew he was trying to reach out to me. Everyone who loves me is trying to find a way to reach the "before" me. They are confused, worried about and trying not to lose the "after" me which no one can reach, no one understands, including me.
 I seldom return calls and after a few months they quit coming. Another part of my life has been lost in the "after". It has consumed nearly all I was. It is as vicious as a hurricane in it's determination to crush the rest.


It is Sunday morning, the only day of the week I avoid the music. It hurts too badly. It is a sad day. The emptiness without the music leaves me feeling hollow. I long for Monday and the return of the melody, the harmony, the crescendo that makes my life livable. Elle

"MUSIC TAKES US OUT OF THE ACTUAL AND WHISPERS TO US DIM SECRETS THAT STARTLE OUR WONDER AS TO WHO WE ARE" (Henry David Thoreau)




"Don't Stop Believing" Journey
http://youtu.be/rfUYuIVbFg0

No comments:

Post a Comment