It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Friday, October 7, 2011

Fun on Friday

It's Friday and I'm headed a couple of hours from here to the BIG CITY to spend the day "playing" with my daughter!!!

We will start at Pottery Barn kids where I'm going to exchange 4 precious red school house chairs for 4 red round back ones. I have a 7' table that we were able to rescue after the storm. It has been a favorite for years. I think it was originally built for a Sunday School class. 

It is low and long and perfect for little ones.

Before "Ike" sucked our home out into the gulf, I used the table in the sun room (which was called the playroom then). It was a wonderful room filled with light. The floors were distressed wood in yellow and white checks!! Much of the house was custom with touches of shabby chic blended perfectly with a myriad of primitive furniture. A Mary Englebreit mural was the highlight of a garden themed bathroom complete with a mother bird in her nest painted near the ceiling and seed packets, watering cans and daisies painted on the floor.
But the "playroom" was a child's (and a Nana's) dream world. A huge green cupboard housed years of collecting tin toys, army barracks & barns. Dolls, puzzles, hundreds of 4" army men from every war and beautiful horses.


A big white rug, a vintage toy kitchen complete with all the metal bakeware and aqua dishes were where I spent much of my time. On the floor cooking, fighting wars and playing games were the favorite past times when my "grands" came to visit.

After the big storm I said "no" to a playroom. All the toys are gone now as are the checked floors.
But the table survived and holds a place of honor in the new dining room next to the new dining table with matching bench and round backed chairs. I never had new furniture before, except for beds. This was by choice. I much preferred something old to something new anytime.
But time and tragedy have a way of changing us, what we love and what we want surrounding us.
For me, I can no longer have antique furniture. It upsets me. Makes me nervous and makes me cry. It smells. It smells like the storm and I don't want it in my life!


But the table still makes me smile and has a permanent invitation to stay. I will add the red round back chairs which match the espresso chairs in my dining room and we will be able to sit 10 "grands" next to us (as soon as I can afford all 10 chairs :)

I have no idea how that rabbit trail got started but it is what it is. 



Now on to some fun things I've gathered this week;



FLY!!!!


"Blake Shelton: Sexy by Default"

So let's go over that again;
What's sexy about Blake Shelton??
Dimples, dimples, dimples!!
Wavy hair and he bathes regularly. (I bet he smells yummy like a beer covered up with a cigar and a 30 year old cologne. That sure smells good to me!!)
What makes him feel hot and sexy??
His pickup truck! 
Driving with the windows down and listening to the Bellamy Brothers makes him "feel sexual".
Me too. This has been my week for sexy trucks and sexy men!!!

But you've done both! You've known me the longest and you came and never left my side. 
You are my friend!


"If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body" &
"Let Your Love Flow" bellamy brothers

"If I said you had a beautiful body
  Would you hold it against me?
  If I swore you were an angel,
  Would you treat me like the devil tonight?
  If I were dying of thirst
  Would your flowing love come quench me?
  If I said you had a beautiful body
  Would you hold that against me?

  Now we can talk all night about the weather
  Tell you 'bout my friends out on the coast
  I could ask a lot of crazy questions
  Or I could ask what I really want to know

  If I said you had a beautiful body
  Would you hold that against me?
  If I swore you were an angel
  Would you treat me like the devil tonight?
  If I were dying of thirst
  Would your flowing love come quench me?
  If I said you had a beautiful body
  Would you hold it against me?

  Now rain can fall so soft against the window
  The sun can shine so bright up in the sky
  But daddy always told me, "Don't make small talk"
  He said, "Come on out and say what's on your mind"

  If I said you had a beautiful body
  Would you hold it against me?
  If I swore you were an angel,
  Would you treat me like the devil tonight?
  If I were dying of thirst
  Would your flowing love come quench me?
  If I said you had a beautiful body
  Would you hold it against me?"

I'll give you one guess ")....

"There's a reason for the sunshinin' sky
  And there's a reason why I'm feelin' so high
  Must be the season when that 
  Love light shines all around us

  So let that feelin' grab you deep inside
  And send you reelin'
  Where your love can't hide
  And then go stealin' through the
  Moonlit nights with your lover

  Just let your love flow like a mountain stream
  And let your love grow with the smallest of dreams
  And let your love show and you'll know what I mean
  It's the season

  Let your love fly like a bird on wing
  And let your love bind you to all livin' things
  And let your love shine and you'll  know what I mean
  It's the reason

  There's a reason for the warm sweet nights
  And there's a reason for the candle lights
  Must be the season
  When the love lights shine all around us

  So let that wonder take you into space
  And lay you under it's loving embrace
  Just feel the thunder as it warms your face
  You can't hold back

  Just let your love flow like a mountain stream
  And let your love grow with the smallest of dreams
  And let your love show and you'll know what I mean
  It's the season

  Let your love fly like a bird on the wing
  And let your love bind you to all livin' things
  And let your love shine
  And you'll know what I mean
  That's the reason"

"some days there won't be a song
in your heart. 
sing anyway."
emory austin



:) :) :) :) :)

Have a great weekend!! elle















No comments:

Post a Comment