It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Summer Lovin'

I'm on a 4 day road trip with my sister.
I love these trips. I can have a beer or 2 or even 6 if I choose. Ahhhh, the thrill of freedom!!
During the day we go junkin' all day 'til our feet ache. Then we chill at the motel, feet propped up, each doin' our own little thing. She reads, I listen to "new to me" music and blog with you.

It's after 9:30 and this girl is "worn out!"
I'm gonna call it a night but first some music that brings back memories of "Summer Lovin"; 



"Beat This Summer" brad paisley
http://youtu.be/73tkJPTNxdg

"Yeah looking at you, girl, standing there
Got your wayfarers on and the sun in your hair
And just like the song in a seashell, you'll be stuck in my mind
Bouncing around in my head
And baby I can tell

As long I live, whatever I do
As great as it is, you know what's a bummer
I ain't ever gonna beat this summer with you
Baby it's true
The taste of your kiss is so bittersweet
I ain't gonna beat, no way I'm gonna beat this summer with you."


"Postcard From Paris" the band perry
http://youtu.be/H_WjCfxB4Qc

"......but one look at you and I was through
My heart switched up on me.

Like a postcard from Paris when I've seen the real thing.
It's like finding out your diamond is from her old promise ring.
A call back from your fortune teller, she read your cards upside down.
The meanest thing you ever did is come around
And now, I'm ruined.

In the evening you can catch me daydreaming.
Did that moment send you reeling just like me?
I should have gone over, right over.
I should have never let you leave.
But it's the never-knowing that keeps this going and drives me crazy....

....Just when I thought things were alright,
My eyes play tricks on my mind, yeah.
Will I ever be satisfied cause all I ever seem to find is a...

Postcard from Paris, when I need the real thing.
It's like finding out your diamond is from an old promise ring.
A call back from your fortune teller she read your cards upside down.
The meanest thing you ever did, the cruelest thing you ever did,
The meanest thing you ever did is come around.

I am ruined, yeah I'm ruined.
Now I am ruined, yeah I'm ruined"



Does anyone else remember a summer love that ruined you for life????
A first love that plays tricks on your mind?
I do.
"It's the never-knowing that keeps this going and drives me crazy".
"The taste of your kiss is so bittersweet."
"Just like the song in a seashell" you're stuck in mind.

My life is a country lyric that begs to be played backwards. A do-over.
A do it over right song...that's what I need.

Good night lovies :)


 


No comments:

Post a Comment