It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sea sick with reality

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
William Arthur Ward

I don't know where I fit in the above quote. Obviously my optimist lives between my pessimistic side and my "realist in hiding". I live in a constant state of drastic swings between one extreme and the other which leaves my poor optimist bruised and beaten.

I don't know where I fit. What I do know is that when a ray of sun shines and I believe that the tide has turned....I am wrong and I am disappointed, I feel anger (always a secondary emotion), but a necessary one. A sad form of self protection.

I don't know where I fit in in your life. I've never known.
I don't know why I complain (let myself be drawn in). I know your moods are quick to shift. I am a concern today, a loss tomorrow and a longing the next. But never for long.
I hold so tight to the hope of longing....always aware that it will leave as quickly as it came.
I know to expect the change. But that not's optimism.... it's reality.

"What are you to me?
You're the key
You set my heart free to soar."
(I wrote that once and meant it.)


Photo "Reality" Michae Harris Photography http://mehphotography.blogspot.com/

I've rewritten this one several times. It changes as optimism is drowned in a sea of reality.
"You are the ocean and I am a sea sick boat."

"Let us live for the beauty of our own reality."Charles Lamb

I need Dramamine and fantasy. I need you.







No comments:

Post a Comment