It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I thought I knew you, but I was wrong.

When I met you I thought I knew you. I had a vision of who you were. Why would I think that? Why would either of us think, after all these years, that we would just "know"?

What we have discovered is that neither of us are who we thought. 

You are you, different from the you I imagined. 
I am me, different from the me you remembered.

Perhaps this is good. If we had been exactly what we thought, our connection might have been unbreakable. 
What seemed like two "soul mates" joined by fate turned out to be two friends joined by love.

Because my life is as it is and because of the void I feel, it was easy to believe you were my knight. My Samurai. My missing piece. My completer.

These are the things that dreams are made of. Dreams that make it possible to tune out the truth and believe for the impossible.

I thought that music would be a bond between us. It was not. 
I share and you don't respond. 
I am giving my heart when I give my music. 
But you never asked for my heart. Or did you, Justin Yurhart?

The missing parts of our past that I want to share with you are not possible. 

You hold our memories and I held your answer. 
It seems you have all you need and I am still searching.  


I am a boat on the shore and you are the ocean. The possibilities would seem endless since I am seaworthy and you have need of a boat.
But it seems "we" just weren't meant to be :(

I will keep sharing the music in my heart. For me.




"Song for the Asking" simon and garfunkel

"Here is my song for the asking
  Ask me and I will play
  So sweetly, I'll make you smile

  This is my tune for the taking
  Take it, don't turn away
  I've been waiting all my life

  Thinking it over, I've been sad
  Thinking it over, I'd be more than glad
  To change my ways for the asking

  Ask me and I will play
  All the love that I hold inside"


Let Me Touch You For Awhile alison krauss
http://youtu.be/l0D6OO7gl2M









No comments:

Post a Comment