It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Frog and Toad"


Recently I saw the movie "Arthur". Much better than I expected. I highly recommend it!
There was a lovely story of friendship, from a childrens book called "Frog and Toad".
It begins with Toad visiting Frog's house and finding a note on the door.
"Dear Toad, I am not home. I went out. I want to be alone."
"Alone" says Toad. "Frog has me for a friend. Why does he want to be alone?"
He searches the meadow but to no avail.
"Poor Frog", said Toad. "He must be very sad. I will cheer him up."
Toad ran home and made sandwiches and a pitcher of iced tea. He put it in a basket. He hurried to the river where Frog was on an island, but Frog was too far to hear Toad calling to him.
A turtle swam by and Toad climbed on his back for a ride to the island.
"If Frog wants to be alone, why don't you leave him alone?", asks Turtle.
"Maybe you are right. Maybe Frog does not want to see me. Maybe he does not want to be my friend anymore" says Toad.
At the island toad cries "Frog! I am sorry for the dumb things I do. I am sorry for all the silly things I say. Please be my friend again!"
In his excitement he slips off the turtle and into the water!
Frog pulls Toad onto the island.
Toad looks in the basket and the sandwiches are wet. The pitcher is empty.
"Our lunch is spoiled. I made it for you, Frog, so that you would be happy."
"But Toad", says Frog, "I am happy!. I am very happy. This morning I woke up and I felt good because the sun was shining. I felt good to be a frog. And I felt good because I have you for a friend. I wanted to be alone. I wanted to think about how fine everything is."
"Oh" says Toad. "I guess that is a very good reason for wanting to be alone."
"Now, I will be glad NOT to be alone. Let's eat lunch." Frog smiles.
So Frog and Toad stayed on the island all afternoon.
They ate wet sandwiches without tea.
They were two close friends sitting alone together.
The End


"You've Got A Friend" James Taylor
         (yes, I did post this song last week. now i'm posting it again.
                                     it makes me smile :)




No, never remove my friend. elle


"I Won't Let Go" Rascal  Flatts

No comments:

Post a Comment