It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It All Began.....


"Tell me where. 
  Where is it written what it is I'm meant to be?
  That I can't dare...."


"A Piece of Sky" Barbra Streisand- Yentl
http://youtu.be/0lKmUl46wnc

Hi, I'm Elle and this is where my story begins:
I often ask myself "how many stories can one person have?" It seems many.
 Between the seasons, and the variations of each and the music with it's unlimited number,
 there is me.
 As we share The Music In My Heart I hope to carry you along on my journey of discovery. 
For ease, I will begin with the story I am living now, where it began and .... 
on from there.

It all began just as the song says, with a question, with a discovery.
I was living a limited life. One that had suffered years of neglect as far as personal growth. One that was bruised from loss and the inevitable grief that followed.
I literally looked out the tiny window of my temporary home and knew that there was more. With that knowing came the immediate truth that to stay in this place was to continue to die slowly. 

Dying can cause one to do the unthinkable and so I did.
I opened the door and walked outside into a world I'd never known. It truly was much wider, much higher, more colorful, more delightful than I'd ever dreamed. I couldn't imagine how I'd let myself crawl into a cage and been content for so many years to dwell therein. But no longer. Like a bird set free I wanted to fly. Unhindered. Unfettered. Uninhibited.
Like a bird set free, danger was a word I could not know.
 Let's begin the journey of this little song bird. Begin again, at the stage of life called the middle. A stage where so much is at stake. So much already written in stone, and yet, is it really?..... 


No comments:

Post a Comment