It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"My Gypsy Soul"

"I wish I lived in an Airstream"!!
http://youtu.be/cm1u_2yZhYg

This is a song sent to me by someone special. Someone who knows how I think because we share the same desire to "Hit the road Jack". For me the song could continue, "and don't you come back no more." I'm not sure for her.

Here are a couple of lines from it that I'm especially fond of;

"lived by a pier in a lighthouse with a chandelier"
I've lived all my life at or near the water. Though lately I have the desire to get in my car and drive "far, far away", I know that I would end up at the waters edge. I could live in an Airstream, a trailer or a car. Just let me live alone. It's not that I don't like people, I do. I've just always been surrounded. I've never lived alone. I've seldom been alone in the past 33 years. A busy life of church, children, family & work left little "me" time. Oh how I longed for "me" time. Now my children have flown the coop, I've left the business world and my days are very, very empty. It's been 7 months and I still wander around my big house. I have no clue what I want to do with the rest of my life. I think a season of the gypsy life would do me good. I'd either find my niche and stay or realize what I'd left behind, return and be forever content. Or would I???
Another line in this song:

"Unbridled or tethered and tied,
 The safety of the fence or the danger of the ride.
 I'll always be unsatisfied."

Kinda scary! Surely there will come a day when I will find my place and there I will rest.
Until then I will keep up the search. I'd like to share another song. Again sent by a friend who knew me from long ago and knows how desperately I long to return....


"INTO THE MYSTIC"
http://youtu.be/gVAnlke_xUY





No comments:

Post a Comment