It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"Yes"

It's so easy to say "no".
It requires no effort, no sacrifice, no investment...
I'm working hard at saying "yes".

Yes, I'll read you a book before nap.
Yes, I'll sing a song and pray a prayer.
Yes, I'll tuck you in tight with your special blankie, a warm hug and kiss the smile on your face.

Yes, we can watch cartoons in my bed.
Yes, we can go outside.
Yes, I can play ball with you.

What major thing in my life requires a constant "no"???
Nothing. Not anymore.
I have no deadlines to reach, no schedule to keep. No one who's opinion matters more than mine.

I have time. Time to give you a second or third bath and to wash more wet clothes from our time in the rain :).
I have a heart full of music and so much laughter to share.

Do I nurture because I'm a woman?
I don't know.
I was a business woman and loved my busy life of customers, advertising, displays, open houses, antiques...
I've been a stay at home mom and loved my busy life of coupons, groceries, meals, laundry, diapers...
I think I nurture because I can.
I've spent too many days too ill to enjoy life, too depressed to want to live :(

My life, my duties ebb and flow, change, leave and return.
It is a good life. It has survived. It is beautiful.

Yes, I can love you. I have so much to give.
 


Today we read "It's Time to Sleep, My Love"...

and then we sang, "Sing, sing a song. Sing out loud. Sing out strong. Sing for good things not bad. Sing for happy not sad. La,la,la,la,la...." :)
And then they got up for water and more prayers and.... I got the wooden spoon.
All is quiet now.
Time for my lunch and a nap.
Love, elle

No comments:

Post a Comment