It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'll Meet You At The Moon

I'm spending time in the country overnight. I took a walk this evening and enjoyed the flowers, ate figs right off the bush and visited a cow and her calf. As evening fell the full moon rose with amazing brillance.
I think I will always long for company when I stand alone, beneath it's beauty, surrounded by the stars.
Once, not so long ago, I found friendship with one who shared many of the same loves I have longed to share for many, many years.
Sharing the light of the same moon, fully aware of the other, though seperated, endeared us one to the other.

I dreamed dreams that I had long given up as hopeless. Dreams of sailing, canoeing and swimming nude in the dark. All my adult life I have been aware of the void that came from living my life seperated from the beauty of nature. Often I have mourned the loss of something as simple as the setting sun. Simple and unimportant to some but so dear to my heart. Just another dream denied me.
I am still struggling to find ways to satisfy my love of and need for the warmth of sun, the wet of water and the freedom of the breeze and I take full advantage of the rarity of evenings like tonight.

I stand in the dark and imagine that someone stands alone somewhere thinking of me. That once again we meet at the moon and for a moment all lonliness and all boundaries disappear.
And I smile

No comments:

Post a Comment