It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Friday, August 19, 2011

"For us there will be another day"

The rare weekend I spoke of has come. 
All my hopes, dreams and fantasies about it are not to be.

Do you see the little girl, hands on her hips ready to stomp her foot and demand?

Or the teenager in hot pink stiletto's who wants you to know "I can do bad all by myself!"?



There is a young mom who needs a night on the town. A quite dinner with wine and long conversation or as many beers and trips around the dance floor as it takes to fill her heart with laughter.


And a woman longs to lie naked and beautiful under the moon and let the waves bathe her body in rhythm to his touch.


They are longing. Do you see? 
"They" are all me. 


Just for this moment in time I had the freedom to choose.
I chose you.  



I am spending a quiet evening alone in my room.
I won't demand or live in regret.


I have a cold Shiner Bock in my hand & 5 more in the frig. 

I'm going to make my way through some of "my favorite things". 
I'm going to play music that I love. 
Maybe chat with a friend late into the night or early morning hours.
I'm going to treat myself to a long, hot bath with bubbles,
and sleep alone 'till the sun & your voice call to wake me.

You are welcome to join me. It's not much, but it's a hell of a lot more than I've had in a long, long time!



I found this in my book of "good stuff". It's not so good but it rhymes;
"I wish you loved me 
  I wish it everyday

  I wish you loved me
  And were taking me away.


  From this place 
  Where I have been too long
  From this place
  Where things keep going wrong." L.E.




"Love That Burns" fleetwood mac
http://youtu.be/nZrMAFrUTYU

"Would you love me tomorrow
  Like you say you love me now
  
  When the flames of our flesh 
  Have stopped burning and the fire
  Of our love has cooled down


  Too many times I've given too much
  Baby, give me your love in return


  And don't use me as your fool
  'Cause my heart can't stand
  Another lie


  And if you can't love me tomorrow
  Please leave me now
  In my room to cry"







"Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight" james taylor









"Awake" josh groban
http://youtu.be/CxihqbIKQoM

"A beautiful and blinding morning
  The world outside begins to breathe
  See clouds arriving without warning
  I need you here to shelter me


  And I know that only time will tell us how
  To carry on without each other
  
  So keep me awake to memorize you
  Give us more time to feel this way
  We can't stay like this forever
  But I can have you next to me today


  If I could make these moments endless
  If I could stop the winds of change
  If we just keep our eyes wide open
  Then everything would stay the same

  We'll let tomorrow wait, you're here
  Right now, with me
  All my fears just fall away
  When you are all I see


  We can't stay like this forever
  But I have you here today
  And I will remember
  I will remember
  Remember all the love we shared today"


"A night of rare possibilities has come to an end. 
Too quickly my one chance fades away.  
I will look for your face in the morning light
For us there will be another day." elle 








  



No comments:

Post a Comment