It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Monday, August 22, 2011

Respite

Today I am thankful for 
"fresh flowers on my table".


"The Gift" david nevue
http://youtu.be/kbUnExEtDw4

"Beauty all around me
the swaying of the trees
the laughter of the water
the singing in the leaves


Where is my respite
my place to hideaway?
Even in the beauty
my tears give me away


Sweet joy why can't I feel you
my dear old friend of lore
your whisper and caress
  always just outside my door


I smile at birds through glass
playing in the grass
Write silly poems of warm rocks
wet jeans and wet ass


My dark eyes bright and hopeful
for his smile to turn my way
And I close my eyes to silence
at the dimming of the day" elle


"The Dimming of the Day"alison krauss
http://youtu.be/uiy3qGCZZEc

"This old house is falling down around my ears
I'm drowning in the river of my tears
When all my will is gone you hold me sway
I need you at the dimming of the day


You pull me like the moon pulls on the tide
You know just where I keep my better side


What days have come to keep us far apart
A broken promise or a broken heart
Now all the bonny birds have wheeled away
I need you at the dimming of the day


Come the night you're only what I want
Come the night you could be my confidant


I see you on the street in company
Why don't you come and ease your mind with me
I'm living for the night we steal away
I need you at the dimming of the day"





No comments:

Post a Comment