It All Began

DANCE while you can...."I will not stand to the side and allow the MUSIC in
my HEART to fadeaway and die.
I will DANCE to my own LIFE SONG."

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"These three words".....Today is great!

It's a very busy day but I just had to find time to say, "life is good".


No, you don't, you won't hear that from me often but today I feel amazing. I've been saying it for a long time, the last thing a person in severe depression needs is to be alone for long periods of time, with nothing to do.
And that's been my life for a year and a half. 


Today I had a purpose, a plan. Since I haven't been going to church, I haven't been going out to eat after church with "the crew" (all my kids, spouses & grands). I've also been "sick" a lot and have missed several get togethers.  I didn't realize how much I missed everyone until my day with "little miss" last week. So I sent everyone a text yesterday that I am cooking chicken fajitas and all the trimmings tonight. 


I woke up a little overwhelmed and with a tinge of dread but I had said I would do this and there was no backing out. 


I got dressed, hair, shoes and all. I spent some time with a favorite friend and then I hit the kitchen. The IPod is set on my favorite playlist and I've danced around my island at least 20 times. Everything is coming along great and the food smells fabulous. 


My husband came home for lunch. He brought me flowers and a card with a long tearful "I'm sorry". Words he says often. Words that come too late. We stood in the middle of the kitchen and held each other. We ate lunch and talked (very rare- talking that is).
How could I ever leave this man whose world begins and ends with everything me? 



I'm going to skip on. Such thoughts can easily ruin a wonderful day. I'll be like Scarlet and "think about that tomorrow". 


Anyway, I look great. I feel great. My house smells great and my family is coming for supper.
I made it through an awful weekend and I have another major one around the corner. But today is good. For that I am grateful.



"I Just Called To Say I Love You" stevie wonder
http://youtu.be/XxoBaEQGMPo

"No New Years Day to celebrate
  No chocolate covered candy hearts to give away
  No first of spring
  No song to sing
  In fact here's just another ordinary day


  No April rain
  No flowers bloom
  No wedding Saturday within the month of June
  But what it is, is something true
  Made up of these three words that I must say to you
  
  I just called to say I love you
  I just called to say how much I care
  I just called to say I love you
  And I mean it from the bottom of my heart

  No summer's high
  No warm July
  No harvest moon to light one tender August night
  No autumn breeze
  No falling leaves
  Not even time for birds to fly to southern skies


  I just called to say I love you
  I just called to say how much I care
  I just called to say I love you
  And I mean it from the bottom of my heart"


I'm glad I got the chance to share something good. I know it's rare.
I hope your day is fabulous and tomorrow even better. 

I love you, LE











No comments:

Post a Comment